The rapid advancement and universal penetration of technologies is enabling new services and powerful processing of big data streams. In lieu of the same, The Information and Communications Technology Association of Jordan – Intaj in cooperation with the Global Science and Technology Forum – GSTF, Singapore are jointly organizing a one-day conference titled – Transforming Societies & Enabling Digital Economies for Smart Nations. To be held under the patronage of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al Hussein Bin Abdullah II, the conference will take place on 29th August 2016 at King Hussein Business Park, Jordan.
The one-day conference will showcase an outstanding level of the technological paradigm covering Jordan and the Middle East with a content-rich agenda that sheds light on the significance of cloud computing, internet of things and big data in enabling digital economies and transforming societies into smart nations.
With an aim to bring together high-level government officials, investors, financiers, business leaders and entrepreneurs from Jordan and across the Middle East region, the event will also attract delegates from academia and the education sector, university and fresh graduates, potential entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, etc. A hi-profile list of opening panel and keynote speakers as Dr. Anton Ravindran, Prof. Liz Bacon and Mr. Teng Theng Dar will set the scene for the day’s discussions, focusing on-
• The origin, achievements and future prospects of the evolving computing paradigm.
• Current status of technologies such as cloud computing, internet of things and cloud computing in Jordan.
• Latest trends and developments in cloud computing, internet of things and big data and how can it benefit societies and businesses.
• Challenges facing the country towards becoming a smart nation as well as the step needed to move forward.
• Singaporean and UK experience in transformation towards smart nations through harnessing the power of ICT, networks, internet of things, cloud computing, big data and human capital development.
With a strong support from the industry, Transforming Societies & Enabling Digital Economies for Smart Nations will serve as a great platform for all the delegates to network and expand contact base with international high-caliber experts as well as national decision makers in varied industries.