Although this year wasn't such a great one for Hollywood ... the movies weren't as big as they should have been and many turned out to be flops, there were some that really deserve a big hand.
But ... it's expected that next year 2008, will have the best and biggest movies since a couple of years!
So, here's a list of the first 10 biggest movies coming your way in 2008 ... (the next 10 in Part Two)
- Dan in Real Life ... which comes out in January is about Dan, a relationship columnist whose own relationships always go down the toilet! When he finally meets the woman of his dreams, turns out she's already dating his brother! The movie stars Steve Carell and Juliette Binoche.
- No Country For Old Men ... also coming out in January is about a family man who messes with the wrong gangster! The gangster in question is the most shockingly sinister character (with the worst ever hair do) you're ever going to meet! The movie stars Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Woody Harrelson.
- Sweeney Todd .... who hasn't already heard of this Johnny Depp movie?!
It's a dark tale about Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barber shop in London and begins a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett. The movie stars Johnny Depp and none other than Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen!
The rest of the list after the jump!
- Juno ... a movie that has already gotten a lot of attention and might be Oscar material!
It's out in February and is about young girl faced with an unplanned pregnancy who makes an unusual and bizarre decision regarding her unborn child. It stars Ellen Page, Michael Cera and Jason Bateman.
- Cloverfield ... it's the secret project of Lost's J.J. Abrams ... Out in February.
The only thing we know about the movie is from that strange -home video- trailer we saw a few months back. Something really wrong happens in New York, either a huge monster or an explosion or something! Still a mystery!
- National Treasure: Book Of Secrets ... a sequel to the 2004 National Treasure.
Treasure hunter, Ben Gates, is confronted with the mysterious missing pages of the diary of John Wilkes Booth - the man who assassinated Abraham Lincoln. The movie stars a few big names; Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren and Harvey Keitel.
- There Will Be Blood ... also out in February is a movie which seems to be getting high rating already!
A story about family, greed, religion and oil, centered around a turn-of-the-century Texas prospector.
The man with the mission is mighty Daniel Day Lewis!
- The 11th Hour ... this one is more of a documentary than a movie ... but it's very important!
sort of a sequel to An Inconvenient Truth, this documentary is narrated and produced by Leonardo DiCaprio. A hard-hitting documentary about how humans have messed up the earth and what can be done to save it.
- John Rambo ... Yes, Sylvester Stallone is back to save the day!
A group of Christian Aid workers have gone missing in a remote Burmese village, Rambo comes to the rescue. It might sound like a bad idea, but don't forget, Sly saved the Rocky franchise, he might be able to save Rambo!
- 10,000 BC ... out in March, this movie is about a young mammoth hunter's journey through uncharted territory to secure the future of his tribe. It's not a silly story, it's a pre-historic epic, that's going to blow your minds with the special effects!